We’re searching for a full stack PHP developer to work on our development team.
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Remote (or local)
Do you enjoy leading projects and teams? Are you enthusiastic to push the web forward, and better yourself? Are you passionate about mentoring and serving your teammates? Join and let’s work together to solve some of the most interesting and challenging engineering problems in the WordPress space through our partnerships with our amazing clients.
As a developer, you will be responsible for working with the team, writing great code, and providing valuable feedback for projects within your team. You will also ensure the code being delivered is of substantial quality. In practice, this means checking in via source control, and receiving feedback from a project lead, and partnering with Project Managers and stakeholders to keep an eye on milestones and budgets. You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills — while adhering to our values, Agile methodologies, coding best practices, and established organizational processes.
This is a full-stack engineering role, and modern frontend experience is often needed alongside traditional PHP backend expertise.
QUALITIES THAT MATTER TO OUR TEAM:
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others.
- Be a supportive team member and leader.
- Be candid and respectful.
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- Website agency experience. Being a part of another agency will help expedite our ability to add you to our client projects.
- Willing to participate in company-paid training courses to further their skills.
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely.
- Define and deliver solutions for prioritized deliverables.
- Partner with the Project Manager to ensure project teams meet documented deadlines, budgets, and complete tasks in accordance with project milestones.
- Enforce coding best practices and testing requirements.
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls.
- Take responsibility for the engineering success of your project(s).
- Be available during normal business hours.
- Able to diligently enter your time with detailed notes in our time tracking suite.
- Able to work remotely, with a strong emphasis on communication and organizational skills.
- You have good working knowledge with: build-tools like Webpack, Docker, Local, package management tools like NPM and Composer, as well as Git and preprocessors like SASS.
- You have experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of browsers and devices.
- You have a strong comprehension of PHP and object-oriented programming (OOP) practices.
- You have experience setting up code deployments and build/test environments.
- You are familiar with Agile SCRUM and Waterfall project methodologies.
- You can follow, and help enforce, coding best practices.
- You possess the ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments.
- You possess the confidence to effectively present well-reasoned options to decision-makers.
OH, THE BENEFITS
We know the value in supporting our employees’ holistic well-being, and we make sure our benefits package reflects our commitment to our team.
- 100% Paid Medical
- Paid Sick Leave
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Generous paid time off
- Work from anywhere
Compensation is based on experience.
*No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered, but we are open to worldwide applicants!
Email us your resume at: weliketohelp [at] mode effect.com